Question

IDAGIO can’t continue to next movement in symphonies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi community,

After updating to the new SONOS app, the IDAGIO streaming service doesn’t continue by itself between movements in symphonic music. If the symphony have, let’s say 4 movements, you need to go to switch between them manually.

Does anyone know what to do?

4 replies

Yes, why I am here. Just updated on my ipad and it is terrible, as in - really terrible. Doesn’t continue from one movement to another in a symphony on Idagio, which completely destroys the listening experience. Cant move forward in a track, can’t skip to next. It is bad, am desperate to go back to the old app which of course I can’t. Won’t upgrade on my phone and use this until it is fixed. Not sure how a product can get it this wrong - as they say every product is user-tested, just some times it is user-tested in production.

big regrets at clicking yes to upgrade…

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Andrew Bell 

I agree with you, until now, this is a terrible update with an extremely clunky user UI. Hopefully, it will get better soon.

Until they fix this annoying issue, I’m streaming my classical music by using the IDAGIO app (obviously through SONOS). This way, the symphonies continue like before from one movement to another.

By the way: the IDAGIO app is far better since you can follow the music development from your locked screen (on iPhone by tapping on the screen). For some reason, this has never been possible with SONOS.

Hopefully, this will work for you.

Best

Yes, one can also search Idagio within the app - but connecting is clunky. But it looks like reverting to the native Idagio app is the only option at present :(

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’ve notified IDAGIO about the issue since it must in their interest to solve it.