Question

Music library gone from new app, where is it?

• 10 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Maybe I’m an outlier, but as a Sonos customer since the days of the ZonePlayers and CR100 controllers, I have a huge music library on a Synology NAS that I use primarily; I am not a big user of these “services” that the new app seems to put an emphasis on. After foolishly updating my app last night I was able, after much time and effort, to find my music library and play a couple tunes as a test. Ok, it worked. None of my carefully curated album art displayed and so I figured tonight I’d be posting a message asking if anyone knew why that was. Instead, tonight in my app I find that my music library is gone, gone, gone. Can somebody please explain how to get it back? The gear icon for settings is strangely devoid of much in the way of settings, including anything regarding the music library. It doesn’t seem to be a “service” but still, I looked through several pages there until giving up. I have the Windows-based app and it still shows the music library path properly configured so I am at a loss. I kind of consider myself pretty technical and experienced in app navigation but my God, for the life of me this redesign is maddeningly obtuse.

And are alarms gone, gone, gone as well?! They are used daily here. Why oh why would you remove them?

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Johnny, 

I was able to fix the same issue by using the MacOS Sonos app on my computer to delete my Music Library and then add it back.  This new app has been very problematic.

Ernie

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey Johnny, 

I was able to fix the same issue by using the MacOS Sonos app on my computer to delete my Music Library and then add it back.  This new app has been very problematic.

Ernie

Thanks Ernie. I hope someone has a workaround short of that, but if not, it is good to have that as a brute force option.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Well today the music library has reappeared. I did not change anything. The album art still does not display. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

This app sucks, my music is gone as well, still not fixed. I’m done buying any additional Sonos crap when this is what they do to their customers

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You may have a month to wait for music library access:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I also lost my music library with the new update, and I cannot add it - getting the 913 error. I am on MacOS.

Seriously, what is wrong with this company? Are they the Boeing of music now?