Question

"Music Library Settings" missing

Userlevel 2
  • Contributor I
  • 3 replies

With the new app, I can’t access my music at all. According to the Sonos support pages, you add your music library by going to “Manage” and then “Music Library Settings”. But in my app, there is no Music Library Settings on that page, only Content Services.

I called Sonos support, and they told me that some people are missing that setting, and this is something they’re working on (and they couldn’t say how long that would take). But the lady I talked to didn’t really seem to know what she was talking about. I haven’t found anybody else reporting this problem. Everybody is talking about all the missing features, but nobody mentions not even being able to access your music through the app. Is somebody else experiencing this?

31 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

On the homepage of the App scroll to the bottom and you should see Your Sources > Music Library.

You can’t search it anymore and you can’t modify it. It looks like they are slowly removing local library support.

Userlevel 2

On the homepage of the App scroll to the bottom and you should see Your Sources > Music Library.

You can’t search it anymore and you can’t modify it. It looks like they are slowly removing local library support.

Thanks! I knew she didn’t know what she was talking about. I’m not seeing any images, is that normal now?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have only a Beam gen 2 here, and the new V80 app on Android. “My Sources” shows only TV input in the new app.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks! I knew she didn’t know what she was talking about. I’m not seeing any images, is that normal now?

I’ve only been using Sonos for a couple of months, and I’ve never had cover art images in the local music library.

Userlevel 2

Great. I updated the music library, and now I no longer see “Your Sources” at all on the homepage.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Great. I updated the music library, and now I no longer see “Your Sources” at all on the homepage.

I find all the things in that section come & go (TV, Line-in, Library), probably because something timed out. They don’t seem to reload the section very often so when it happens I force-quit the app and restart and 7 times out of ten the missing thing reappears (mind you 3/10 one of the others vanishes too). Sonos used to have a beta programme to catch these things but seems to have released anyway (possibly to create other noise to hide their poor financial results on Tuesday).

Userlevel 2

I find all the things in that section come & go (TV, Line-in, Library), probably because something timed out. They don’t seem to reload the section very often so when it happens I force-quit the app and restart and 7 times out of ten the missing thing reappears (mind you 3/10 one of the others vanishes too). Sonos used to have a beta programme to catch these things but seems to have released anyway (possibly to create other noise to hide their poor financial results on Tuesday).

Thanks for the tip, but I tried around 10 times, and no luck. “Your sources” is completely gone. Not just the things in that section, but the whole section.

Userlevel 1

If I cant access my music library this is a deal breaker.  Class action anyone?

Same here. My android updated automatically now can not access my 300GB local library. Insane. Bad enought they have insited to use insecure SMB1 for all these yeras now it is gone??? Managed to stop my wife from updating her anrdoid so it lease one of us still have sleep timer, alarms and local library.

PLEASE FIX THIS SONOS

I also can no longer access my music library with the updated app, how could they do a new release that wipes out most peoples music?  How long will this take to sort out SONOS?

Userlevel 1

This is dreadful. My local music library cannot be seen.  In "my sources" I have my TV etc but my library via the app is nowhere to be seen. 

Can we stop changing things. Or maybe its time to give us remote controls like in the old days!!!

Userlevel 1

If I cant access my music library this is a deal breaker.  Class action anyone?

So true. I have a sound system that cannot play my music...

After some tests I found that the IPhone app after updating to the latest and worst version does have the “Your Sources” section that shows my Music Library.  Unfortunately the Android phones all have the same issue that the Your Sources section is missing.  Even after an uninstall and reinstall the same issue. After one of the last updates I ran into that SMB issue and had to adjust my NAS to allow Sonos to see the music. This company has great speakers when the app works and for the second time I fell like I wasted my money.  I have 10 speakers and a Sub all sitting useless right now until they fix an issue that does not look like can be fixed with customer tinkering. Get your software fixed and the SMB up to the standards the entire world uses.

Userlevel 1

“  Unfortunately the Android phones all have the same issue that the Your Sources section is missing.”  

Yes, that's looking like the issue. I'm on a Android ZFold3 - 

One UI 6.0

Android 13

Maybe tis data will speed up a fix. Its embarrassing to have such a top end system around my house that cannot see the local Library.

Userlevel 2
Badge

My SONOS android app just updated to new version. I can see and play my library contents. I cannot find the library configuration settings in the app. Hopefully this is just an oversight that will soon be resolved in an update.  Surely SONOS understands their customers have vast music collections which they listen to via their SONOS system.  

Userlevel 1

Yet another car in this trainwreck we call sonos.  I’ve fought with the SMB issue with my NAS for I don’t know how many years.  Now, I can’t even see my music on my phone.  Such a bad implementation of such a great idea!  I love the idea of Sonos.  Too bad we have to fight with the software to make it work.

Sonos, get your sh*t together and build some software that works for Android phones and for God’s sake, test it BEFORE you release it!  How could you miss something this basic???

Under my sources, I see TV and line in.  No link for music library. 

I swear every upgrade they do it gets s*******.  Give people the option to not update. My system used to be perfect. Just give me the app from 2 years ago. I don’t need updates.

Some one just develop an app that work with this system and we don’t have to rely on this company any more. Pleasssseee.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 2

I have 400gb of music that I cannot now play around my house.  I don’t use streaming services. 
I cannot now access my music due to this dreadful app. Please update app again so we can access our music libraries 

Userlevel 2

After some tests I found that the IPhone app after updating to the latest and worst version does have the “Your Sources” section that shows my Music Library.  Unfortunately the Android phones all have the same issue that the Your Sources section is missing.  Even after an uninstall and reinstall the same issue. After one of the last updates I ran into that SMB issue and had to adjust my NAS to allow Sonos to see the music. This company has great speakers when the app works and for the second time I fell like I wasted my money.  I have 10 speakers and a Sub all sitting useless right now until they fix an issue that does not look like can be fixed with customer tinkering. Get your software fixed and the SMB up to the standards the entire world uses.

I had it for couple of days on my iPhone but now disappeared and won’t come back!

Userlevel 1

I have 400gb of music that I cannot now play around my house.  I don’t use streaming services. 
I cannot now access my music due to this dreadful app. Please update app again so we can access our music libraries 

YES!!! I DO NOT USE STREAMING EATHER. My entire setup is Sonos. I've invested so muck time and money and the only thing I can do at the moment is Bluetooth my five albums on my phone to my setup. I have a NAZ with my library on that I cannot reach!

SONOS… DO BETTER!

Same problem with IOS app.  Since the library’s on a cloud drive, I can start playing on my computer and then control it with my iPhone (volume, start/pause, etc.).  I do agree with the sentiment--some of us paid a lot of money to set up our home system and it’s painful for Sonos to keep sunsetting capabilities that we used to make it what we wanted.

Userlevel 1

Music library empty on my laptop and of course both mobile devices. I agree with the writer who recommended that we have the choice of not updating. I will obviously invest in a stand alone speaker that I can play my library of music to. This company has repeatedly let me down. I just joined this online forum to finally express my complete disappointment with this method of listening to music. I have a music library that I want to listen to and apparently SONOS is now working on removing this facility entirely. Very disappointing. I’m off to express the same sentiments here in a complaints space (if they have one) and then wherever I can find online to warn other potential users. Every time I go to use this app I have to wait while it downloads new software and then wait to see what new lack of service awaits me afterwards. Very dissatisfied customer.

Like others here, I can no longer access my music library. I could yesterday, but today - not accessible on either laptop or mobile app. I’m going to try the whole system reboot tomorrow like someone above have suggested and cross my fingers that it magically reconnects. Disturbing to hear someone else above say that Sonos is planning to phase out the music library functionality completely - wtf are they thinking? I guess this is a sign of the times where the mass market is moving to streaming services like Spotify - which still appears to work fine - and Sonos just figures they’ll leave the music library people behind. If they do drop the music library functionality, then they’ve lost me and I’ll suck it up and replace my home network over time. In the interim, it’s back to CDs for me.

Like many others I updated the app and Sonos has “lost” my music and the option to add my iMac as a source is just not there. Yesterday it was fine, today it’s gone. Deleted the app several times but no improvement. Re booted both my Beam & Era100 - nothing. Will try to speak to a human being at Sonos, but not hopeful as it seems others have tried. On a separate issue, just a heads up. When setting up the ERA100 just now I kept getting a message about “one of your mobile devices is using AirPlay...”. This stops the set up. After several tries I realised the the “mobile device” were my hearing aids. Being Bluetooth compatible they connect to my iPad & iPhone - sometimes useful. If you get this message switch your hearing aids first.

Unfortunately, I’ve got the same issue!  I’ve been a SONOS supporter since the early 2000’s, but the new app is total garbage!  Where’s the collaboration with your customers?  Who told you they needed a new app, because I’m pretty sure that most would prefer the old S2 app back. At least it worked!  I use ROON to manage my library and several endpoints that I have throughout our home, but sometimes, I just want to quickly select a track using the SONOS app. Too bad that I can’t do that any longer, and from the sounds of things, I’m not alone. The components are great, but not when the can’t be controlled. It’s time that SONOS starts to listen to their customers!