Question

Sonos App not fit for use

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 5 replies

Upgraded S1 on my iPad this morning at 08.30 and just had to abandon it now at 11.04 as it does not allow Spotify connection. Speakers disappear. Constant log in requests to adjust speaker settings, can’t find how to group speakers into zones and in a nutshell a very backward move and definitely not an upgrade.

my question is does anyone know if I can roll back the app to the previous release as now I can only use my iPhone with Sonos and definitely won’t be upgrading the app on any other devices. 👎👎

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

No downgrade possible on iOS 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Many thanks so hopefully the next release won’t be too long away 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Apparently they aren’t going to release any new update just fix this over the coming months 

Totally agree, how could a release that reduces functionality be approved. 

Don't the Sonos team use their own app? 

At least allow reversion to the old app while this mess gets sorted. 

I note there are no responses to any recent reviews on Play by the Sonos team. 

I am depressed that I invested in Sonos if this is the best they can do with the app. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Wow - I’m unable to even group speakers in the new app. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi All just to confirm I gave the app another shot just to fair if I missed something but no change still can’t use it so no iPad for the foreseeable future I guess 👎👎👎

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi All can anyone tell me how to “end session” in this upgrade it was so easy in the previous version ?? 
started in Spotify but can’t seem to clear the “queue”

many thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all good news 👍👍 purchased an andoid refurbished tablet for €120 and downloaded Sonos 16.1 APk file and finally I have the “gold” version of the app and everything working fine 😊😊 back to my music and Spotify with full control of my speakers as before 👍 a word of warning do not click “latest version” or “upgrade” or you will be back to square 1. Enjoy yormusic people

Userlevel 1
Badge

ps it is very disappointing that I had to spend €120 when Sonos are supposed to be listening to their customers even if they don’t give a damn but at least I can now relax and enjoy my sound system 👍🤔