Sonos Gives GIANT middle finger to customers! Sonos responds to Verge says new APP took courage

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Here is a link to the article:

https://www.theverge.com/2024/5/9/24152675/sonos-new-app-bad-reviews-response-statement

IT TOOK COURAGE TO RUIN OUR EQUIPMENT!!!

Sonos can respond to Verge, but not to its customers on here? REALLY????

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

…and now Amazon music doesn’t work. How could a company roll out an app that hasn’t been tested. Shame on them. The responses are pathetic. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

That’s all I needed to hear when they finally fix the application I will be able to sell all of the speakers 

in the meantime auto update is off and I am looking for replacement systems for myself 😮‍💨

so far it looks like wiim for music and Samsung for soundbar such a shame they have done this guessing they will not sell to many headphones 

Userlevel 1

Amazon Music works fine on these old app…. It is only the sh*tty new one

Userlevel 2
Badge

Wow, just wow.  What a pathetic way to respond - actually tell the media “it’s a step back in order to step forward”  WTF?  It’s an app that plays tracks, big freaking deal.  What’s the “big change” coming??  Maybe order the queue or clear it?  Wow, last version did that.  How about play local music in playlists?  Wow, last version did that.  How about play local and streamed tracks in a mix?  Wow, last version did that.  See any pattern SONOS????

Userlevel 1

Show some real courage and admit you screwed up. Pull this crap back, make the old app available and fix this piece of dung by putting back the queue, the timer, give a way to get back to the queue from a service and all of the other complaints before you put it back out for use.

Didn't you bother to test this with real users?

Why aren’t Sonos listening to their customers? No pun intended.

They should stand up and admit that they’ve made a mistake deploying this new app too soon.

At the very least they need to give us back the old app whilst they continue developing the new one.