Question

SONOS S2 App Update Problems

Userlevel 2

I just found out that SONOS had an app update and I was fine with it hoping to see connection updates or any UI improvements. When I open the app, everything was gone including services, systems, and other features. Why'd they release an app update when everything isn't even working properly? I can't even connect any services, ie. Spotify or SoundCloud. Anyone got any suggestions? Samsung S20 FE btw. I managed to connect to my Symfonisks but only through the Spotify app.

Also, the UI is very laggy and glitchy. SONOS if you see this, bring back the old S2. At least it works.

23 replies

I am unable to access my Deezer account even after re authorising repeatedly, also what happened to the timer?

Userlevel 1

Problems here since the update include not being able to access my Amazon Music account, also not seeing my local network device that I use for streaming music. The new UI is terrible in my opinion. Is there any way to get the old sonos app back. Fortunately I haven’t updated all my devices yet, so I still have access to the previous SONOS app, which is working fine. It also is a much better looking app.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sicne I updated the app my LINE IN doesn’t work anymore. Absolutely no sound from it. And the “Autoplay volume” setting has disappeared. Why don’t the SONOS team test their updates before releasing them?

Since the update I can't access my Amazon music account or reauthorise my Apple Music, or play any of my own music, unsurprisingly the Sonos radio app works !

I have just done the update.

Nothing now works has not recognised any of my Sonos system

i have a connect, two Playbars under TVs and three Play1s doted around the house.

Am I correct in thinking I have to try and reconnect the whole lot.

At the moment my phone will not fine anything.

Very frustrating. I was very happy how it was, worked fine!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have rolled back to 16.1. If you check out my thread on how to do it for android. Hopefully that will work for you.

cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Roll back to 16.1:-

I uninstalled the sonos app.

Went to apkmirror.com on my phone browser, and downloaded Sonos 16.1 (arm64 v8a). Then opened the download folder and ran the install. (You may have to select the permissions on your phone to allow you to do that). Following install I turned off wi-fi and mobile data, then went to play store and selected do not automatically update apps. Then turned wi-fi and mobile data back on, then ran the app and signed in.

Terrible update of the app.

Not alble to connect with my speakers or Boost...updates coming? My phone don't find any speaker or my boost...frustrating!

I hope they come with a solution quick..or i'll go back to an older version like 16.1

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Went to apkmirror.com on my phone browser, and downloaded Sonos 16.1 (arm64 v8a).

Downloading and saving the old APK is a good idea. I have done the same. Not sure you need to disable Play Store updates because the download came from a different source. 👍

Userlevel 1
Badge

The iOS app(s) just flat out don’t work.. they literally do not find my system.

The web app,

https://play.sonos.com/

however works fine - might be worth a shot for you. At least my speakers now are functional.

I updated yesterday - I wish I’d read this page before doing so! I can’t access my Napster account -the only thing I can use is Sonos radio! I’ve tried deleting the app and reloading to no avail. 

Why on earth do Sonos launch these patently untested upgrades?!!

New update is awful. Changes speaker volume on its own and doesn’t allow shut off.  Fun/not fun.  Not as talented as other community member to roll back to previous version. Experience is really disappointing.  Sonos please roll back until you can lunch a new app that works.   

Updated app is rubbish. Have lost access to all favourite streaming radio stations and can only access what is available on Sonos radio. Sonos should fix immediately or roll back to previous version

What's going on with this new app , I have no control to my sub (ITS A REL SUB ON A REL ARROW WIRELESS ) the system is on and it's all working but the app is not picking it up. I have no controls to it at all I can't even play my music and turn the sub of without unplugging it 

Why change the app when it's fine how it is?

I can’t play the music I bring up in the search bar. Here’s my process, I search for the music I want to play, the app brings it up, but there is no play button. In the top songs for this artist, I can play the first song, but I can’t play the whole list. This app update is super confusing, not happy Sonos.

S2 app on iOS just doesn’t work. Can’t find any of my speakers. Even webapp fails! Oh, and can’t roll back to S1, as you’ve prevented the old app from gaining access. Your so called update has borked my system, Sonos, get it fixed!

Went to apkmirror.com on my phone browser, and downloaded Sonos 16.1 (arm64 v8a). Then opened the download folder and ran the install. (You may have to select the permissions on your phone to allow you to do that). Following install I turned off wi-fi and mobile data, then went to play store and selected do not automatically update apps. Then turned wi-fi and mobile data back on, then ran the app and signed in.

Thank you for the help.  It works.  I am able to see and play my playlists.  The new update couldn't recognize my playlist and couldn't play 

One question I have is I went to the downloaded old version and in that settings set the 'automatic updates' to No.  But still is having nightly updates done to the new non-working software.  I am updating it daily.  How to avoid this?  You said about Playstore and stop updates.  Can you give some steps on that please?

Thanks.

S2 app on iOS just doesn’t work. Can’t find any of my speakers. Even webapp fails! Oh, and can’t roll back to S1, as you’ve prevented the old app from gaining access. Your so called update has borked my system, Sonos, get it fixed!

See above from Chris KC post.  It works.

I cannot get access to my music library anymore.  Seems like sharing settings on Mac aren't working like in the past

See above from Chris KC post.  It works.

Not for iOS! It’s an Android fix.

This is a major balls up - for a company placing this much emphasis on a great user experience to deliver a totally broken app (with a fanfare!) which breaks so many people’s setups and means we waste hours trying to fix the problem and get zero value from our hardware is really a disaster. I’m another unlucky person who happesn to have changed broadband provider this weekend and I’ve lost a load of time to this and it looks like thousands have others have too. This might be the nudge I need to explore alternatives.

It might be time to email Patrick.Spence@sonos.com or ceo@sonos.com again.  

Sicne I updated the app my LINE IN doesn’t work anymore. Absolutely no sound from it. And the “Autoplay volume” setting has disappeared. Why don’t the SONOS team test their updates before releasing them?

i am in exactly the same situation with my Sonos items , the app had carried out an automatic update so when i tried to use LINE-IN it will not recognise it …. so furstrating after almost 2hrs trying to solve this i just gave up , how the SONOS team allow this sort of thing to happen is beyond me , they have really rendered my system redundant..