Question

trueplay missing

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi everyone, just updated to the new app , I've noticed the Trueplay toggle is now missing, before I updated it was there under settings but now it's gone , I am using an android phone and always had the toggle but unfortunately it's now gone , or is it hidden??? Thanks 

19 replies

Badge

Hi @Edgie70, I too have noticed the Trueplay toggle missing on my Arc, Move and Roam (in their separate rooms) under Sound. I am using the app on a Pixel 8 pro and the toggles were there before the update. May need to run Trueplay on the Arc again using an iOS device but not sure why the toggles have disappeared for the Move and Roam, unless that's how it's been designed, which I doubt. Anyone seeing this issue on either Android or iOS or can provide any advice? I have attached some screenshots for the Move and Arc. Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi I've just updated to the new app on my pixel 7 and like you the TruePlay toggle is missing. So following this with interest. 

Just a thought it's not called Spatial Music now is it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi I've just updated to the new app on my pixel 7 and like you the TruePlay toggle is missing. So following this with interest. 

Spatial music , I might be wrong is an iPhone sound format , someone will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong , there is literally tons and tons of issues with this new app , I'm totally shocked it actually got released!! There's talk on various social media that this is a beta version sent out to the masses , the whole app is just a mess !! Mine says " not connected " when I open the app , no notifications so no controls in the notification drop down area , the old app was absolutely fine and never disconnected.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Spatial music , I might be wrong is an iPhone sound format , someone will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong , there is literally tons and tons of issues with this new app , I'm totally shocked it actually got released!! There's talk on various social media that this is a beta version sent out to the masses , the whole app is just a mess !! Mine says " not connected " when I open the app , no notifications so no controls in the notification drop down area , the old app was absolutely fine and never disconnected.

Mine is Android Google Pixel 7 and I have the spatial music toggle. It's staying connected and all my playlists are visible. I borrowed a iPhone to set up TruePlay initially and the sound is still the same so I'm guessing the settings have remained after the app update. 

I've just updated my android app and me too I can't see the Trueplay function for my Era 300 and Era 100 speakers. I hope the Sonos Company will solve the problem  quickly with a fast update !!

I also. I can't find Trueplay toggle in the new app from Sonos. Also, in the new apo, is hard to access the sound settings (EQ, Loudness). Before I had a button for this when gliding the volume.  

I use Sonos version 80.00.04 on Google Pixel 6 Pro with the latest Android version.

This app is a total fiasco‼️

Same here. OnePlus phones.

Toggle is missing on all devices. Even missing on the Sonos Move.

Guess it's the same for all Android phones. No one seems to have tested this at Sonos QC team :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi all,

I just contacted Sonos support and asked why TruePlay was missing on Android versions of the new app.

This is the reply:-

Hello, thank you for contacting Sonos Tech support.

TruePlay in general is not available for Android phones due to the compatibility with the microphones used by all the different brands that use Android as OS, that being said, there are some features that have not been implemented in the new Sonos app, it may include the TruePlay toggle off/on for Android, all missing features that are not currently available in the Sonos app, but will return in a future update.

Jose M

3:27 PM

I borrowed a iPhone to set up TruePlay but the toggle has  always there on my pixel 7 before the update

3:29 PM

There are some features that have not been implemented in the new Sonos app, it may include the TruePlay toggle off/on for Android, all missing features that are not currently available in the Sonos app, but will return in a future update.

Jose M

3:30 PM

There are a lot of annoyed android owners that use Sonos equipment!

When will it be re added to the Android app

Thanks for sharing your comments. There is not an estimated time to share, our development team is working on it, so all the missing features will be back soon.

Well for me this is an essential feature. Lucky for us the trueplay settings are still saved. 

"will return in a future update" isn't a reassuring statement.

I'm having so many issues on the new app. I was hoping others may be exaggerating with their poor reviews/experience but sadly they appear to be right. I've also lost automatic trueplay as an option from my Sonos Moves (amongst many other issues/glitches). To be honest, I can't believe this passed QA - needs a serious update or rollback asap.

I'm having so many issues on the new app. I was hoping others may be exaggerating with their poor reviews/experience but sadly they appear to be right. I've also lost automatic trueplay as an option from my Sonos Moves (amongst many other issues/glitches). To be honest, I can't believe this passed QA - needs a serious update or rollback asap.

Automatic trueplay was one of the main selling features on the Move. It will probably still work when you turn on the physical button. But no way to confirm now on Android phones. Took me 10sec to figure out it was missing. So yes the QA team was sleeping. Rushed software releases are more and more common these days.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

TruePlay settings are still active but us android users can no longer turn it on or off🤷

Userlevel 1
Badge

Spatial Audio is Dolby Atmos for those like me with Sonos Era 300s. Trueplay, Audio Compression, Groups and Alarms settings are all missing and are now greyed out and inaccessible in the old app which I still have installed on another phone. Pretty dismal. 

Spatial Audio is Dolby Atmos for those like me with Sonos Era 300s. Trueplay, Audio Compression, Groups and Alarms settings are all missing and are now greyed out and inaccessible in the old app which I still have installed on another phone. Pretty dismal. 

also the function “Autoplay” (in the “Line-In Menu) is missing!!! This upgrade is a very disaster…
Sincerely, I’ve uninstalled this version and installed the old one (16.1) using an apk file found on the web and now everything is working again!!

Android user here, please don't think people will change their phone system just for Sonos. Android user is used to Google Assistant and the automatic Trueplay is most likely that we sell our Sonos products before change how we use our systems.

Just an opinion.

Userlevel 2

Galaxy Note 10 Plus user, truplay also missing here. I use my wife's iPhone (lucky for me she has one) to tune it but the toggle is gone so I don't know if it's active or not.

New app sucks so far, shouldn't have been released. 5/10

Userlevel 1

The TruePlay option does show on my iPad, but it doesn’t start tuning when I select ‘begin tuning’ when trying to tune my Arc. Another in a long line of issues with the new app.

Nothing Phone 2 user, TruePlay feature is also missing in the new version of the app (What a shame for the QA and Dev teams). I hope they release a hotfix soon or at least they roll back to previous version. Regards.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Now my app keeps losing connection from my network, I have to force stop the app and restart it.

Just gets worse what on earth are you doing Sonos 🤦