Question

Alarms didn't work on the new sonos app

Show first post

78 replies

The alarms are working but do go off a few hours later.
If I set the alarm for 6 a.m., Sonos “goes to work” at exactly 8 a.m.
Could that have something to do with our time zone? UTC+2 (summer time)
I think there is UTC time programmed into the app. Could that be possible?

Same for me. I changed my whole alarm library to 2 hours early. Now I wait for the one morning it wakes me 4:15am instead of 6:15am :). Can’t be so difficult to fix this or at least tell us exactly when they fix it in order to change alarm back to correct time again …

Alarm issues. Like everyone, nothing but bugs and problems since the latest update. I have a temporary answer to Alarm setting but still not 100%. here goes: Not able to set up on an iPhone at all. Input all the settings, hit Save and nothing; just takes you back to beginning. However I went to Windows and an iPad and both can be set there and with choice of music. Also the Alarm you just set up then does appear on on the iPhone. However here’s the rub; the alarm comes on one hour later than set. e.g. if you want to wake up to say BBC Radio whatever at 7am. you need to set it for 6.am and remember on iPad or Windows only. Snooze now seems to work. Haven’t tried setting Alarm time to turn off at any preset time but as Snooze works maybe this will too. Spent days, deleting apps, reinstalling, de-registering, disabling/enabling, trying to find Sonos Skills (that;s even more confusing but an Amazon issue) and set up completely from scratch on both Sonos and Alexa. Thak goodness I’m going into hospital for total knee replacement tomorrow and an overnight stay; should be far less stressful.😰

When i updated to the new app on my tablet and found out that there were no alarms, I deliberately didn't update my sonos app on my phone - but damn it... now the update was forced onto my phone, without my accept! Not cool!! I

Please make the old app available for download again!