Bought new ERA 300s and i can't even add them to my system, because the New app crashes

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Seriously. Like freaking seriously. 

From yesterday, since i’ve updated, i am having ton of issues. 

1.) I was unable to remove surrounds and still cannot remove them, even after factory resetting them. I even uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, and still nothing.

2.) TruePlay did not work, but thankfully, the reboot of my phone fixed it.

3.) I bought 2 ERA 300s today, but i am NOT ABLE TO EVEN ADD THEM TO MY SYSTEM. App just simply crashes and thats it. FOR REAL like how can u even release the new app in this state? Did someone even test if basic featurs still work? What the hell am i supposed to do now? I love SONOS, but this is getting under my skin.

@Corry P 

11 replies

I’ve not needed to add new speakers to my system, so I’ve not seen this crash. Have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did someone even test if basic featurs still work? What the hell am i supposed to do now?

There were beta testers, allegedly, but their feedback was ignored, allegedly. 

Maybe support can help. If not return the speakers until/if they sort this disaster out. Money talks. 

Having the same Sonos App crash trying to add Era 100 to my system. I get an option to “Fix” but it crashes every time I try. 

Same issue with the app crashing every time I try to “fix” the Era 300 connection issue. 

I’d repeat my suggestion to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Majo133 

Thanks for your post, and I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’re having!

All I can suggest is rebooting your network and phone, and calling in if that does not help.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Majo133 

Thanks for your post, and I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’re having!

All I can suggest is rebooting your network and phone, and calling in if that does not help.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Cory for the suggestion, but nothing helped. I spent hour on your support and we resolved nothing. Only thing that saved me was the old app 16.1 which i had installed on different iPhone. 

I’ve described this issue/resolution + another issues in another separate topic 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I have exactly this problem.

Sonos support were useless

I can’t add my new sub mini. Have tried everything including trying to use the old app on my iPad but it’s just prompting me to update it. Really don’t want to call support given all of the comments of nothing being resolved after hours of waiting and troubleshooting.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Same problem here with adding 2x ERA100. But the workaround from @PotemkinMcNasty solved the problem. Thanks for sharing th workaround with us!