New app nightmare

Userlevel 3
Badge

So after getting the app update yesterday my Sonos system is now destroyed. The new app does not work - could not play anything, would not connect to my music library. Tried resetting the app - this did not work. Have just reset the entire system, reset teh speakers and now it is even worse as I cannot re-connect the speakers! Waht the f*** is going on?

Please can you revert to the app that was working perfectrly well on Tuesday? I now have 2 speakers that I may as well throw in the bin.

Can anyone recommend another decent speaker system as I fear Sonos has just shot itself in the foot...

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Same thing is happening to me. I made an ask a question about it since their support lines are at a 50+ minute wait for help, and there are ZERO chat reps available. My entire system is now bricked…

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

If you’re going to sell your kit, please can you let me know as I’d be interested

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Android Roll back steps to 16.1:-

I uninstalled the sonos app.

Went to apkmirror.com on my phone browser, and downloaded Sonos 16.1 (arm64 v8a). Then opened the download folder and ran the install. (You may have to select the permissions on your phone to allow you to do that). Following install I turned off wi-fi and mobile data, then went to play store and selected do not automatically update apps. Then turned wi-fi and mobile data back on, then ran the app and signed in.

I have the same problem. My system is a nightmare. The sound drops from speaker to speaker. Hear cracks from my Arc. Spent 4 hour to reconnect my 7 Sonos speakers. They wouldn’t connect, couldn’t find the network.

Same thing is happening to me.  I spent over an hour with their tech support, and it got even worse with their “interventions.”  They said my bandwidth isn’t fast enough

, but it was working perfectly before the update.  The speakers, music  just keep dropping . On top of that the app won’t turn off the speakers.  Wtf, Sonos!!!  

I am having the same issues.  I cannot get speakers to play, even though they show up in my system.  I get an error message “something went wrong”.  Also cannot connect my One SL.  I have both IOS and Android.  Neither one works.  My internet provider app shows the speakers are connected to Wi-Fi, but they won’t play and now do not show up on airplay.  What is even more frustrating is that I had some functionality the first day after the update, but performance has deteriorated to the point of no function at all.

This new app is a nightmare, I just want to convert it back, does anyone know how?

I used their sleep timer and alarm functions every day. I want to adjust my alarm tomorrow but it doesn’t seem to exist in the new app. I wish they warned FUNCTIONALITY REMOVED before updating. 😖😖