Question

New controller broke my system

After the new controller update my Beam went offline and reverted back to factory default which sucked so I had to reinstall it, but here started the real headache.

The initial setup went smooth but the final step where the speaker connects to my account failed and the Beam is now stuck waiting to connect but here’s the kicker…

The controller says that the Beam needs to be updated before I can connect but I cannot update before it’s connected, so that’s kind of a pickle…

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

4 replies

Userlevel 1

I don't have a beam, but the new SONOS controller update is horrible on every level. I lost my boost, no ability to adjust sound from the volume anymore, try to turn volume down and it shoots up to 80, I have mixed components that can only work with different releases of the app, can't delete superfluous widgets from home page, can't delete obsolete stations etc etc.  it's really the Worst release I've ever experienced with ANY app!!

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I am having similar problems

Interesting thing, this new update took me totally by surprise. Like many here have other things to do then worry about software updates. In any case, this caught me off guard and what is frustrating is my phone splash page where I select the apps I want to use, where the Sonos Icon used to be is now a blank blue circle where the old Sonos Icon was with no indication it’s the Sonos ap. I read some of the other comments and it what I get, sloppy testing, rush to get it out, which tells me the release was behind schedule and they figure it would be easier to will fix the bugs on the fly as they come in from us the user base. Now that I know the black blue dot is my Sonos app I will tag as such and hope the software folks get their act together and clean up the damn mess they made.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2