Product Suggestion for Line In

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi

Here is my setup.

In the kitchen I have an Era 300. In the dining room I have an Amp with ceiling speakers. 

Also in the dining room I have a TV, and I have the TV connected into that same Amp.

In reality, the kitchen and dining room are actually the same rooms it’s a long room and we have one half as carpet and one half as hard flooring, so we tend to call them two names.

Also downstairs we have the lounge which has a pair of Era 300.

Bear with me :)

I often listen to music and I have the Amp, Era 300, and the Era 300 pair all in a group, so I can walk around the house listening to the same music. But when I want to watch TV, I watch it whilst cooking dinner. So I’m in the kitchen, watching the TV that’s in the dining room. But I cant’t hear it because the sound only comes out of the Amp. I want it to also come out of the ETA 300 in the kitchen.

Yes, I can choose to also include Grouped players, but that means the TV audio is also playing in the lounge, which makes no sense as my wife will be in there.

So…..I find myself continually grouping and ungrouping players.

So my request….allow a device to belong to multiple groups, and allow the Line In device to have a Device Group as the destination, rather than just a single named device and the “include grouped” option.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@jimbob123

You can manage different presets for rooms. So (option to include grouped rooms in tv mode set on) you can easily switch between the presets by clicking on the group button. 
On the other hand in your case it would just need to add or remove ONE room from the group what doesn’t mean more work. 
Imo a luxury problem… 😉

A standard group preset for tv mode is not supported. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks for the reply. But I’m not sure I understand, you could give a bit more info please?

Thanks

jim

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Try here

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hmmmm that’s answering a different question, but thanks.

i know how to group and in group rooms, and I mentioned that in my post.

My feature request is to allow the target of line-in to be a group, not just a device.

Jim

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hmmmm that’s answering a different question, but thanks.

i know how to group and in group rooms, and I mentioned that in my post.

My feature request is to allow the target of line-in to be a group, not just a device.

Jim

But that is exactly what Stanley posted: line-in is like any source - connect it to one device then add as many other devices you like to the group.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I’m trying to prevent having to manually add. I have it setup to auto play upon line-in signal, but I’d want to auto play to two rooms. Then when I switch the tv off and play music, I’d want it to revert to three rooms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@jimbob123 

As I already said… at the moment that isn’t possible at all and especially for tv mode (digital cable input) Autoplay directly is just possible for the ht room. 
Analogue input is one step more… there you can select a specific room. 

But… I‘m sure a Sonos mod will put your suggestion on the list of feature requests.