Answered

Feature Request - Sonos App

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Please add visualizer functionality and controller layout customization.

As a Port and Connect (S2 compatible) owner who integrates into other amp/passive speaker zones, it would be great if these features were available.

For example, I have a Sonos zone in my primary home theater by way of Port, but use my Mac Mini to display the Sonos app on my TV. This works, but it could be a lot more visually appealing if there was a way to customize the layout. For example, larger cover art, bitrate/resolution, etc. This is not an edge case.

Take it a step further and add some eye candy with options for visualizers. Heck, open it up to the community and I bet we'd see some awesome content brought forward. VU Meters would be cool for example. Lot of possibilities. People (not all) want the eye candy and your competitors are incorporating it alongside support for lossless high resolution audio. If you're not going to support the latter, you should look to support the former in my opinion.

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 3 May 2024, 10:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @brucemac, welcome back!

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated! 

I’ve marked this thread as a feature request and forwarded it to the appropriate teams for consideration.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello @brucemac, welcome back!

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated! 

I’ve marked this thread as a feature request and forwarded it to the appropriate teams for consideration.

I hope this helps.

Thank you! I realize this may not rank high up on some peoples feature requests, but there’s got to be a way to leverage the exposed API and make this work. It could be “mode” or a “view” within the S2 app for MacOS (oh wait, that’s going away), OR the upcoming new web-based controller app.

I’m not the only one using Port to bring a Sonos zone to their home theater setups. Why not take advantage of that and allow customers to use their TV’s to display now playing cover art, artist bio info, sample/bitrate, etc. It seems like it wouldn’t necessarily be a heavy lift and Sonos may be able to use some of the info from the service providers you partner with for part of it.

I’d also add that it’s not critical that this mode or view needs to show controls, or even be a controller for that matter. It just needs to be aesthetically pleasing on the big screen and not be some 3rd rate 3rd party ugly app.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Only the speakers themselves have access to the audio stream, the app does not, its just a remote.