Answered

Era 300 Stereo pair fail after one speaker was disconnected

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 11 replies

Greetings everyone!

One of my Era 300 speakers, which was setup on a stereo pair, had to be disconnected to move the connecting cable around a new furniture unit. It then would not join the stereo pair back up again when plugged back in, with the app showing (L+?), as the R speaker was missing.

It also would not even show up on the app, no matter what I did (try to search for it in the app, tried adding again as new, etc).

Resetted the speaker and re-added it, but then told me they had different software versions between the app and speaker, and would not add it as stereo pair and greyed out the options to add stereo pair.

I then resetted both speakers and they started adding as stereo pair, only to then fail again, telling me there was a problem and to check the network connection (no other info).

I then resetted them again and managed to add them as stereo pair, but when doing the true play tuning, it would fail halfway through, telling me it was unable to custom tune the Era 300, and to try again, sending me on a loop.

On one of the occasions Trueplay looked like it was coming to an end, except it then threw the error "true play problem" and refused to tune it. Please note this was right at the very end after all the tuning had happened.

I gave up, and to be honest I will wait until someone contacts me as I am out of options here! And it’s late in the UK. As of now- no stereo pair, no tune in.

Also a few things that happened during the various setup attempts- on one of the speakers, the touch controls were very unresponsive after re-adding it to the network, pause would not work, only volume. The app asked me to sign into Spotify again. I got asked for the Wifi password again.

I have had several Sonos speakers and the Era 300 are the only ones that keep giving me problems, which is unfortunate as I love their sound.

Thanks in advance to the peeps that read this far and an even bigger THANK YOU to the ones that come through with suggestions on what to do.

x

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 2 May 2024, 02:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

After all the resetting - that Sonos tells you not to do without consulting them first - I can’t be much help other than to suggest contacting Sonos for assistance.

This is pretty much a user to user forum so your post might not bee seen by Sonos staff.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Actually it was suggested in the help section in the app, as a troubleshoot option, to reset the speaker. I always leave the reset to very last option, aware it’s not ideal…

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Seems like Sonos is offering different advice in different places then.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-your-sonos-product

We do not recommend resetting your Sonos product as a troubleshooting step.

Normally Sonos will not initiate a contact, you need to call the Support number for your country. This is pretty much user to user here, with a few visits from the forum admins or other staff wanting to share information.

Userlevel 1
Badge

It seems like they are yes, and this is conflicting info with what they suggest in-app.

In the actual app help section one of the steps was to reset if other steps were not working. After all, if nothing else is working that should be the last resort.

I will be reaching out to support in the morning, aware they won’t initiate contact, tis was in case anyone could help.

thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

Apologies, just read again the link to our article, and here: Your Sonos app may also recommend that you go through this process if it can't find your product during setup.