Answered

Move 2 as Master

• 30 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi,

i recently bought a Move 2 (not yet received) for the outdoor use on my porch.

And now i had that idea, that i can use the Move 2 as a front speaker and my existing one sl as rears for an incredible public viewing of fifa european cup next month.

so: can i connect the move 2 with a tv and the sound then goes to the rear one sl’s like my arc is the master to them in my living room.

thx for replies and suggestions

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 30 April 2024, 19:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

so: can i connect the move 2 with a tv and the sound then goes to the rear one sl’s like my arc is the master to them in my living room.

No. 

Only a soundbar such as the Arc can have rear surrounds bonded to it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You can group the Move, but when sharing a tv audio signal there will be a 70msec delay which might be off-putting. 

You can group the Move, but when sharing a tv audio signal there will be a 70msec delay which might be off-putting. 

Yes, the Move can only connect to the TV via bluetooth or a line in to get stereo audio. There would be a sync issue between the TV and Move, which may or may not be acceptable, but there should not be any delay between Move and other speaker/rooms that are grouped to the Move.

However, grouping doesn’t carry surround information, only stereo data. 

Thank you all for your replies.

I think the easiest way is to simply bring the whole setup with arc and one’s on the porch temporarily for this event.

Enjoy!